Enable SMS on your Bandwidth service
Create a user profile to access the API
Add SMS to a Bandwidth Application
Add SMS and YakChat callback URL to your number(s)
Send API information to YakChat at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll then test the connection for you and confirm when everything is set up.
Step 1: Enable SMS on Bandwidth
To connect YakChat to your Bandwidth telephony, first contact Bandwidth to enable the SMS service with https API (v2).
Go to your Bandwidth Account page and make a note of your Account number (not the Global Account Number prefixed with ‘BW’.
Include the Account number with the information you send to us (described in Step 5).
Step 2: Create an API User
Once the SMS service with https API (v2) has been enabled, create a new User with permission to only access the API, using the Bandwidth Portal in the usual way.
Step 3: Add SMS to a Bandwidth Application
To enable the SMS settings to be added, an Application must be created in the Bandwidth portal.
Do this by selecting Applications in the top menu bar.
Then click Create New and complete the following information:
- Add the name of your Application in the Application name field
- Ensure your Application type is Messaging
- Click the checkbox Use multiple callback URLs
- Enter https://services.yakchat.com:8800/message in the Inbound Callback URL field
- Enter https://services.yakchat.com:8800/statusCallback in the Status Callback URL field
After entering the above information, click the Create Application button to save the application.
Select the Application and make a note of the the Application ID which will be needed in Step 5.
Now select an existing Location or create a new Location and select the Messaging tab.
Then add the following configuration:
- SMS Enabled – On
- Toll Free – On (optional)
- Short Codes – On (optional)
- The correct Geographic reach is selected
- Select HTTP in the SMS Protocol
- V2 Messaging – On
- Select your Application from the Applications drop-down menu
- MMS Enabled – On
Step 4: Add SMS to your Numbers
Assign the numbers that you want to use for SMS in the Location you created in Step 3.
Step 5: Submit your connection details
Enter the following Bandwidth connection details in the form below:
- Account number (not the Global Account Number prefixed with “BW”) (Step 1)
- User name and password for the user that only has permission to access the API (Step 2)
- Application ID (Step 3)
- Test Bandwidth phone number (Step 4)
- The YakChat inbox that you’d like the test number assigned to for you to test the integration)
We’ll use the information you provide to connect with your Bandwidth service. We’ll test using the Bandwidth phone number you provide.
Once the connection is successful, we’ll create and assign the number to your YakChat user for them to test.
Should the integration fail for any reason, we ‘ll contact you with troubleshooting steps.