Job Vacancy: Technical Support Rep
Job Reference Number: 202010-03
Location: Home Based in US or UK
Employee Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: Mon-Fri ,14:00 – 22:00 BST (09:00 – 17:00 EST)
We’re looking for:
A customer-facing Technical Support Representative to provide assistance to our customers who are primarily in the United States. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software installation, configuration, and Microsoft authentication issues, as well as install and use the software, and create training videos where required.
The successful candidate will be a patient, tenacious, trustworthy individual, with excellent communication skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work with limited supervision from home on a full time basis providing customer support.
Typical duties will include:
- Answering customer questions and providing support via webchat, email, phone, and video/screenshare.
- Listening, understanding, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and replicating customer issues.
- Asking customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Talking clients through a series of actions, either by phone, email, chat, or screenshare, until resolved.
- Properly escalating unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers).
- Providing prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Referring to internal database or external resources to provide accurate technical solutions.
- Creating knowledge articles and videos to assist customers and other staff.
- Ensuring all issues are correctly logged in our ticketing system.
- Prioritizing and managing several open issues at one time.
- Following up with clients to ensure their service is fully functional after troubleshooting.
- Preparing accurate and timely reports.
- Maintaining jovial relationships with clients.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with limited supervision, and will be expected to apply their knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties. They will be responsible for ensuring software compliance and security standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle. They will also be expected to provide input into estimating and planning activities, develop and support innovative technical solutions to satisfy customer mission problems, and contribute towards ensuring that project milestones are met.
Required skills, qualifications, and experience
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Teams.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help-desk software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science preferred or comparable relevant experience.
- Additional certification in Microsoft or similar technologies is a plus.
- Work from home with flexible hours.
- The opportunity to be part of an exciting start-up company and to grow with the company to directly benefit from its success.
- To be recognised and rewarded based on contribution.
YakChat Ltd is a small, fast growing, company providing leading edge software as a service for Microsoft Teams within Microsoft Azure using bots, web services, add-ins, and mobile apps. The service is to be significantly expanded to incorporate new features, automated provisioning and other messaging and business platforms.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work from home on flexible hours, be involved in all elements within a project, from start to finish, and play a major role in this exciting, fast-moving company.
Equal Opportunity Statement
YakChat Ltd recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Apply now! Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
YakChat job vacancies are here.
Technical Support Rep Job Vacancy
Previously called Chatabox, YakChat was the first solution to enhance Skype for Business with interactive SMS. And now we’re the world-leader of integrated SMS functionality for Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365.
With over 25 years’ experience in the communications industry, we’re pretty skilled at what we do, and we feel passionate that 2-way SMS should be as easy for your business as picking up the phone.
Enhancing and extending the communication and collaboration YakChat Job Vacancies power of Microsoft Teams with interactive SMS, we’re proud to unleash maximum value for you: our customers and partners. YakChat job vacancies.